Monday, October 13, 2008

Nothing to do

So if you hadn't guessed, it's fall break here in Louisville. This means that everyone leaves and those that stay, sleep all day long. because I didn't go home, I slept. This is apparently a problem... especially when i turn my phone off. so EJ called from the forestry department of Kentucky.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a trained wildland firefighter. good job, great pay... the only problem is i have real experience so no one will hire me. Because of this I am on the emergency call list for the state of Kentucky. so EJ was calling to make sure that i still wanted to be on the list, this is when they revise their lists. Since my phone was off, i didn't get her call. so she called my second line... Home.

so she called my mother. who then started to freakout because she didn't know where is was. i eventually called back at 5:00pm, when i eventually woke up. mom wasn't overly happy.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

i think your problem is you have NO real life experience, eh? Or is there something i don't know about?

Naomi said...

is this an entire blog site devoted to nothing but fall break? seriously?

The_Ville_Blogger said...

so sue me, i don't know how to work this thing, i thought fall break was going to be the name of the post, not the blog itself